Hi I suffer from "restless leg syndrome". My sister suggested I try Melatonin but I can not see on your discussions or website any reference to this. Can you please tell me if it would also be effective and if so what product and dosage. Thanks
User: Karen
Dear Karen,

both studies and patient's reports show very contradictory results for melatonin administration and RLS.
A recent study with 8 patients suggested, that melatonin might worsen RLS. They indicated that a RLS patient should rather try to control circadian rhythms through habits than through melatonin administration. Regular circadian rhythms help to diminish the symtoms of RLS.
On the other hand there are patients who take melatonin and report benefits from it. There are also some studies that report slight improvement through light exposure and melatonin: http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/20226733

You see that science still doesn't have a straight anser to this question. In this case I can't advise you but consulting your MD for furhter information and a specific adivce.

All the best,

User: KeyMelatonin.com

To answer you have to type the email address you used to ask the question
Email
Response

Share |